September is Self-Improvement Month, a time designed to remind us to slow down and assess how we can take better care of ourselves, physically and mentally.
That’s important because right now, less than 5 percent of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity. In fact, only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity on a weekly basis.*
Take a step towards becoming the healthiest version of yourself with these easy first steps:
- Plan a 30 minute walk every day
- Stay properly hydrated by having water within easy reach all day
- Quiet your mind at night with music, meditation, or reading for a good night’s sleep
- Commit to just one small change as a start like eating more vegetables, eating less sugar or moving more
- Add a new activity to challenge your mind and your body
Legacy Medical Centers is here for you and we support your efforts to be happier and healthier.
*Department of Health and Human Services - https://www.hhs.gov/fitness/resource-center/facts-and-statistics/index.html